Wednesday, September 21, 2005

No Fly Zone

Today’s JetBlue incident underscores why I hate flying and have no intention of flying any time soon. The last time I hopped a ride on a jet, we almost crashed (well that’s what it felt like). We were approaching O’Hare when the pilot came on the intercom to tell us that it would take a bit longer before we could land since we had to fly around a severe thunderstorm. When I see seasoned flight attendants looking pretty worried (I was sitting right next to one of their stations), I get worried. Just three words: Worst…turbulence…ever. And it just kept going on and on. It was like bucking a bronco. A 200 ton metal bronco. I prefer to take Kasey Kasem’s advice: Keep your feet on the ground…(I forget how the rest of that goes.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny...I was also caught in a storm on my way to O'Hare. We could see the light streaking past the airplane windows. Freaky! But since we missed our next flight due to the delay, they put us up in the Chicago Hilton on the business class floor. It was incredible! Unfortunately we only got to stay for 4 hours of sleep.

son of puddleglum said...

I saw a news documentary that showed that hotel rooms aren't as clean as they appear to the naked (eye, that is). Swabs taken from the sheets, mattress, drawer handles, etc. revealed agglomerations of pus-producing microbes ready to attack. And this was in an upscale hotel establishment. So, fortunately, I made my connecting flight out of the Windy City. Not that I'm averse to sleeping in hotels. I once slept in a motel in Barstow, CA that was pretty dingy. But at least I knew what I was getting.

Anonymous said...

ewwww...! I feel icky now.