Sunday, September 18, 2005

Locked out (just like all of Ned Flanders's cable channels)

Employees at the CBC (Canadian Broadcast Corporation) have been locked out now for a few weeks. Some are probably disappointed by this, but I’m not (at least not too much). I do enjoy getting the news on CBC Newsworld but even that is not so big of a deal considering that I can get the news from so many other sources. No, the best part about this lock-out is the fact that I get 24 hours of classical music on CBC Radio 2. What’s even better than this is that there are no annoying announcers (I wonder if it’s appropriate to call them deejays) inserting their remarks between every musical selection. There are three announcers in particular that I find rather irritating. I won’t mention their names since I don’t know whether any of them are homicidal maniacs who know how to hack into websites and find out personal information about individual bloggers. But, they simply love the sound of their own voice(s). They love their voices so much that whenever I tune in to one of their shows, I tend to hear more of them than the music. Maybe I’m just tuning at the wrong moments. Maybe if I tuned in at the right time I’d be hearing only great music and not some guy going on about some trivial piece of banality, all the while showcasing his mellifluous, bass intonation (sort of like what I’m doing now only without the mellifluity (or is it mellifluousness) of a bass intoner.)

Well, to give them some credit, at least they give me the title and composer of a piece that I’m not familiar with. So I guess, when they get back to work, I’ll learn to live with them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

haha...that made me laugh.