Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Dea(r)th of blogging

I have nothing interesting to say. Mind you, judging from past posts, this has always been the case. I think I'll bid adieu to blogging for the time being and stick to reading a bunch of books sitting on my shelf. I reserve, of course, the right to leave silly comments on other people's blogs. I wonder what Peter Frampton might say:

Shadows grow so long before my eyes
And they're moving across the page
Suddenly the day turns into night
Far away from the city
But don't hesitate 'cuz your love won't wait
Ooh baby I love your way (everyday)
Wanna tell you I love your way(everyway)
Wanna be with you night and day
Moon appears to shine and light the sky
With the help of some fireflies
I wonder how they have the power to shine, shine (cough)

Er, let's make that, as Snagglepuss would say, "Exit stage left".

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've noticed that you weren't blogging anymore. I miss reading your posts. They always allowed me a window into your world of knowledge without having to ask you the questions in person. You think you never have anything interesting to say but I feel like I never have anything interesting to ask...I just never know the questions until you give the answers.

Luke and Rachael said...

but we've only just discovered your blog! puddleglum wouldn't give up . . . he would say that he would, but he wouldn't.
i understand that time is sometimes better spent reading, but i think a place to work through some thoughts can be invaluable, especially if it's a place like this where others can benefit from your keen perceptions! i vote that the voice of the marshwiggle continue.
rachael

son of puddleglum said...

Keen perceptions, you say. Are we reading the same thing? Hmm,okay, but now that the readership of this blog has reached two digits (10 sets of eyeballs!) I absolve myself of the increase in ennui that will be (re)-unleased upon the blogosphere (how's that for employing what I deem to be one of the most overused words in recent times). LEsson here is never let people who know more about the source of your patronymic than you do to see your blog. Too late now, I guess.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I believe your readership is larger than you think. I'm pretty sure Steph reads your blog from time to time, among others.

Luke and Rachael said...

Frampton wouldn't've quit either: he'd have gotten another perm, and loaded up the bus for one more tour...

son of puddleglum said...

Do any of those old rockers lose any hair? Or is the wig industry being propped up artificially by these middled-aged/senior guitar hacks? I believe MIck Jagger said that he'd rather be dead than be singing Satisfaction when he was forty-five. He must have been born in a leap year. Plus it's amazing how much mileage you can get out of four or five guitar chords (that's one or two more than I know. That's why I'm not rich and famous).