Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Lame Poem 1

Questions and answers reside together on a
bubble of ignorance and knowledge. A sliding scale
of tacit sureness invades every mind then leaves a
coal-coloured mark. Love comes and goes. The grass seems
to whistle in the strong wind. The breath of memories
glistens in the cold enclaves of longing.
A sure way to die is to remember. The mists of
times past, angry words, hateful thoughts. If to hate is to murder
then I deserve the death penalty. The odious demeanour
penetrates and occupies my
soul as emperor of all. A revolution must take
place. The tyrant must be overthrown.
My thirst must be slaked. But rain cannot penetrate
the skin. Cut me quickly for my blood boils and must
release its steam. Don’t shoot until the visual whites
appear. I’ve not yet begun my flight, my journey to
oblivion. I’m waiting for a reprieve. Body pummeled
hard. Mind saunters unmolested. Spirit quakes, a trembling
of terror unspoken. The world is gained but the earth
will eventually come to an end.

No comments: